Candles should be used with care and attention so that they do not lead to an accidental fire or injury. We urge our consumers to be careful and responsible when burning our candles. Please refer to the care instructions on the bottom label of each of our candles. To get the longest, cleanest and safest burn every time:
- Trim candle wicks to ¼ inch each time before burning.
- For the initial lighting allow the candle to create a full and even burn pool across the entire candle. For subsequent lightings, our recommended burn time is one hour per inch in diameter, but no longer than 4 hours max (for our largest candles).
- Do not leave a burning candle unattended.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Keep candles out of the reach of small children and away from pets.
- Always burn candles on a heat-resistant surface.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris always.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents and ceiling fans to minimize smoking or a wick blowing out causing the candle to burn unevenly.
- Never touch a burning candle or move a candle when the wax is liquid.
- Do not use our paper caps to extinguish the candle.
- Make sure a candle is completely extinguished and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.